Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Ten Junk Miles Podcast - Meet the Nation

A few days ago I had the pleasure of talking to Scott Kummer over the phone to record episode #147 of the Ten Junk Miles podcast Meet the Nation series. These episodes are short, 20- to 30-minute interviews of listeners and fans of the show, where callers can discuss their history with the sport of running, favorite books, movies, and albums, and whatever other miscellany happens to come up in the conversation. 

I've been listening to this show regularly since 2016, particularly the Long Run episodes. In this format, Scott digs deep with all types of people in the U.S. ultrarunning community, most of whom are everyday runners rather than elite athletes. I've been drawn to these episodes mainly because Scott has a way of getting his guests to open up so it feels like the listeners actually get to know them. A few of my personal favorites are David Clark, multiple world record holder Camille Herron, Iditarod 350 runner Scott Hoberg, and a guy named Mark Scotch who told his story of donating a kidney to a complete stranger. 

I've also enjoyed listening to the other 146 Meet the Nation episodes and hearing stories from other podcast listeners. 

Anyway, click the link to check out my 28 minutes of fame and let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment